Monday 19 May 2014

The starting line.



As code period is starting today, I want to write a brief timeline for the first period of the GSOC here:

FIRST PERIOD
  • 19 May-20 June: Implement ilu related functions (ilu0.cc, iluc.cc, ilutp.cc)  and merge them together with ilu.m script 
  • 20-25 June: Automated test writing and documentation. Integration to mainstream octave code should be achieved here. 
  • 27 June: (Millstone 1) ilu.m is fully functional and integrated with Octave core.

Taking the idea from Kai's last year blog, I will keep track of what is already done with the following figure.





















Regarding repository setup, Kai helped me to configure a subrepository using bitbucket service. At present, it only contains an outdated Octave development version just to make sure things work.  For cloning:

hg clone https://edu159@bitbucket.org/edu159/octave-subrepo

However, I would not need to use this subrepo until the final integration of my code into Octave. For development purposes I have set another repository for daily work, as I am working with .oct files that compile standalone. Here is the repo you should check for my updated work.

hg clone https://edu159@bitbucket.org/edu159/gsoc2014-edu159


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment